Deriş Patent wanted to use their booth in the International Brand Conference to:
- Establish their expertise
- Establish their relevance to the younger market
- Collect data
- Draw the audience for a more active and intimate interaction with their brand
All in the QR Code
They didn’t come up with anything ground breaking. They put it all on the QR Codes. They filled their booth with framed QR codes. They also had people put QR codes on boxes on their heads go around the venue.
It’s Quick and there is Variety
The one great thing about the strategy is the variety they offered. Since people need to only take a shot of the QR code, move out of the booth and get whatever it is they are supposed to get, it allows them to draw more people to their booth. The traffic moves fast which doesn’t frustrate people. There are also a lot of QR Codes hanging around which means they can go back over and over and still have different experiences.
It also helps that there is nothing complicated about the whole process. You take a photo of the code and watch your phone send you the message that you’re supposed to get. It’s pretty much a one-step process and the reward is instant. All you need to do is take a photo and you will get the reward. It’s not all up to chances, it’s not even up to skill. The reward is handed to you.
Results and Lessons
There are four things marketers need to pick up from the whole effort:
You don’t need a super creative concept to draw people to your campaign and that’s the first lesson. All you need to do is:
- Provide variety in lieu of creativity. If you think you don’t have one big theme, give the audience a lot of options
- Make it simple. Don’t go giving out a car because there are a lot of people who are turned off by “luck”. If you want to give them something, give it to them with not conditions
- Device a way on how to make it convenient for people to hang around your product or brand
Get those four down and you are on your way to one of the most rewarding even concept you will ever have.
More information can be found here.
Client: Deriş Patent
Agency : No Comment (www.nocomment.com.tr)