Before delving into this topic, please take a moment of your time to ponder over the following questions:
- Do you know how you can funnel maximum number of visitors to your Blog site?
- Do you know how to make your online visitors spend more time on your site?
- Do you know why the visitors leave the site after a few seconds, which results in increased bounce rate?
If you nodded in negation to any of above questions, you could easily turn the situation around by taking a few simple steps. It sure is frustrating when you have spent so much time on your blog site, just to be faced with the prospect of decreasing page views and high bounce rate.
The thing that prevents your blog site from gaining large number of online visitors is not that complicated to understand. In fact, it’s very simple to understand if you know where the problem lies to resolve the issue.
Once you detect the main reasons for not being able to increase your page views, you can take concrete steps to improve the situation.
In this article, you will learn about 5 most effective ways to improve your page views and gain maximum number of followers to your blog site.
1. Focus on Creating Quality Content
The statement ‘Content is King’ is not just a cliché that is irrelevant today. In fact, the very success of your blog site depends on the content. The reality is that not many people think about optimizing their content to bring additional page views. And the results are obvious: high bounce rate, minimum customer engagement, low page views, low search engine ranking, and much more.
If you want to make waves in the online community with your blog site, you must create unique, quality content that includes lots of valuable information for the readers. But how do you know which topics and what content will generate the most interests among the online visitors?
No, you don’t have to earn a certificate in Psychometry to read the minds of online visitors. You can easily get in-depth information about trendy topics using Google Trends. This site lists featured and trending stories that people have been searching for in the past 24 hours. You can pick any trendy topic and write a unique article on it. In addition, topics that provide solution to common problems will also be successful among the online community.
2. Ensure Enhanced User Experience
Improving the user experience will increase the chances increased page views. But, what exactly is meant by user experience?
User experience of a site refers to how a user perceives the site. It’s a comprehensive term that involves all part of the websites content. Experts have suggested various traits that translate into a pleasant user experience. However, the five key traits that results in a great user experience include the following:
- Easy User Navigation – The blog site should offer easy navigation for the user. The users should be able to find the required blog posts effortlessly; e.g., by using a search box on the top or bottom of the site.
- Pleasant website design – a site that is not designed well will not be able to hold customers for long. Some of the design elements that create negative user experience include too many advertisement, pop-ups, slow page speed, overlays, and poor font size or color.
- Popular Content – apart from valuable information, the blog site should also contain popular content to attract maximum number of online visitors. The content of the blog site should make the visitors share the article to others on their social media or other sites.
- Valuable Information – a hallmark of a good blog site is that it provides valuable information to the users.
- Verifiable Information – your blog site should not only contain valuable information but also verifiable information that is authentic and true. Every statistic, expert’s opinion, and other facts you share on the site should include a source link as well.
Remember that the online visitors have limited time to visit the site. They don’t want to waste their time reading irrelevant, vague, and badly written content. You can make their time worthwhile for them by implementing the 5 key traits listed above.
3. Consider Link building to Improve Page Views
Finally, you should carry out effective link building activity to improve your page view. Link building refers to having your link placed on HA (high authority) and high PR (page rank) sites. Placing your links on these sites is a powerful way to funnel maximum number of visitors to your site. You can also take the assistance of SEO professionals for effective link building.
4. Don’t Overload the Content with Pictures
Pictures are like candy in a blog site. Adding in the just the right amount will result in a pleasant user experience. It breaks up the content into segments, making the content more readable.
However, overstuffing the site with too many pictures will not only slow down the page loading speed, it will also create a negative impression with your customers. That’s why you should try to keep the pictures on the blog site to a minimum to ensure the best user experience.
5. Optimize Your Blog Site for Speed
According to a report, most users expect a website to load in under 2 seconds. Around 40 percent of the website users will leave the site instantly if they have to wait for more than 3 seconds to open the page.
All this means that you must not keep your visitors waiting when they visit your blog site. You can use various online tools such as GTmetrix and Pingdom to find out the page loading speed. Make sure that any blog page does not take longer than 2 seconds to open the site.
Now that you know how you can increase the page views, you should take instant action and watch the wonders it works for your blog site. Good Luck!