Maes is the 2nd more popular been in Belgium, but the market leader was outselling them 4 to 1. So they hired the creative folk over at TBWA Belgium to come up with a creative campaign to take over the market. During this time of need, they decided to reach out to those who would support the cause, their family. Ok, not their actual family, but seeing that Maes happens to be the 3rd most common last name, they decided to recruit all the Maes’ in Belgium by giving them a free barrel of beer. They sent out a public announcement to all the Maes people that they would get free beer, with a small catch. They had to share it. Every Maes in Belgium also received a personal invitation with a code to unlock their free barrel on Facebook. They had to set up an event at a venue and share it with 20 of their friends. The campaign instantly gained a lot of traction which even led people to change their last name on their Facebook page in order to claim free beer.
- Over 7,000 people changed their Facebook name to Maes
- Facebook App attracted over 500,000 people in 6 weeks
- +75,000 Facebook likes in 1 day
- The Facebook fanpage made it into the 6% most active pages worldwide
- 1 out 20 Belgians visited the website and the amount of fans tripled in 1 day.
Overall a wonderful campaign by the guys over at TBWA. Well done! via creativecriminals.com